The inspiration for this recipe is coming from some picnic food my mother used to prepare when there was the possibility to do some quick and easy cooking on site. This is a quick and tasty recipe that is also suitable for larger quantities as party food. The marinaded meat can be prepared well in advance and the actual cooking can be done just before serving in a large pan, if necessary. I love this as a spring or summer dish because of its citrus and aromatic flavours.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grind the zest of the lemons before squeezing their juice;
- Place the filleted chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon pepper, the lemon zest, basil, oregano and salt. Shake it a bit so all the chicken pieces get covered.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight;
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat;
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place directly into the hot skillet. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken 6 to 7 minutes per side, flipping halfway through.
- Serve hot with rice or a salad. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and lemon slices (optional).
You can follow me also on my other social media channels:
and subscribe to this blog updates by email:
4 thoughts on “Lemon Chicken Fillets 🍋🍗🌿”